Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Love & Mercy

My little John was so very good in mass. I think Sundays are his favorite day of the week. He gets to hang out with his daddy for Mass. J.B does so well with John. It is so obvious how much he loves John as he gazes at him during mass. I love it. It just touches my heart!
 
Here is a picture from John's Baptism. He was only 4 days old! There are 3 John's in the picture!
 
 
 


Isn't that the truth? God has so much love for us we can not even comprehend it. His capacity for love is infinite. His mercy is also infinite. All we have to do is come to him with a sincere contrite heart, confess our sins, and try to avoid committing those sins again.  St. Faustina had a diary in which she wrote about her communications with God, Jesus, Mary, and various saints. In one particular passage she wrote,  “Tell souls not to place within their own hearts obstacles to My mercy, which so greatly wants to act within them. My mercy works in all those hearts which open their doors to it. Both the sinner and the righteous person have need of My mercy. Conversion, as well as perseverance, is a grace of My mercy.” (pg 1577) I think this really goes along with what Pope Francis was saying. We place obstacles in our hearts making if difficult for us to allow God to love us. We have to be open to God's love.




I love breastfeeding. I didn't at first. Well, I didn't for weeks. Ok, I'll be really honest and say that I'm just now falling in love with it within the last few weeks. I know that a lot of women just automatically love breastfeeding because it helps them bond with their child. I'm not sure if breastfeeding helped me bond with John. I think being around another person 24/7 is going to help you bond with them no matter what. I do know that breastfeeding has made me feel more sure of myself and my parenting abilities. I know that when he eats that he is getting all the nutrients he needs because his little body knows how much he needs to eat. I know that when my child needs to comfort feed he is feeling tired, overwhelmed, scared, frustrated, ect. Some people seem to think nursing on demand will spoil a child. I disagree. I think that if he is wanting to nurse, he has a specific need. He may need to nurse for physical or emotional reasons. The child is turning to the mother for help. Isn't that what we want our children to learn to do as they get older? As teenagers don't we want our children to come to us for answers, for comfort, and guidance? I know that I do. I want to help my children in their journey through life as much as I can. Isn't that what parenting is all about?



Today I'm going attempt to make these very tempting brownies that my friend Emily put up on her blog! You should check it out! They look so YUMMY and what Mom doesn't need some chocolate in her life!


No comments:

Post a Comment